I have been meaning to post a lot of pictures but haven't gotten around to it. Most of them were of the fibres we have been spinning in my spinners class. Unfortunatley I don't feel like posting them all now because they are lost in my computer somewhere. I really liked spinning the tussah silk and believe it or not the rod cocoons (as much as bugs scare me) Cotton wasn't as bad as I thought but I'm not a huge cotton fan to begin with. In the last class we spun some designer yarn and I had a lot of fun. The following skein consists of:
-BFL
-Wensleydale
-Rod cocoons
-Merino
-Beads
-Mohair
-Sari Silk


It was pretty easy to ply with beads once I got it going. I got about 87 yards of sport/worsted weight yarn.
The other yarn I spun this week is some purple singles. Z spun so they tighten as I knit instead of unwinding. I didn't want to ply because I only had about 60 g which produced about 213 yards of laceweight singles.



Well back to the wheel
Ohh my!! Your yarn is so beautiful :) I love how that funky skein turned out and the purple singles would make a nice mini shawl.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sara, the novelty yarn was really fun! I was trying to find a shawl pattern for this skein but I haven`t found one yet with such a small yardage. Maybe the storm cloud shawlette.
ReplyDelete