Monday, June 7, 2010

All about Rider





We got Rider as a wee 5 week old kitten the day Jeremy and I got back from out honeymoon in Jasper. He was a little puff ball when we got him but he has grown up to be a very handsome cat. He is very smart and very mischievous. For many months he would wake us up as the sun rose or whenever he was bored. He always wrestles with our older cat Xena and now wants Jenny to chase him constantly. He thrives on attention and always wants love in the middle of a knitting row, when you're eating or trying to sleep. He is bad 90% of the time but the other 10% he is the sweetest, cutest most loving cat one could ask for. He sure has given us many laughs over the past 2 years.












His favourite thing in the world is to go outside, to watch the birds or bugs and dream about one day being the hunter he wishes he was. He trembles with excitement when a bird comes near but he will never catch anything. I think he heard us talking about him one night when we were discussing how his 24 lb cousin Buddy can catch many birds and Rider just salivates on the sidelines. I think he was upset with us because when we let him out he ran straight to the tree and climbed right to the top. We tried to coax him down and all he did was fall through the branches and land in the neighbours yard....who have a dog. I ran nextdoor and rang their doorbell but they weren't home and looking over their fence we see Rider snooping in thier screen off porch and just walking around thier yard, purpously ignoring us yelling at him to come home. He is now grounded! He is very upset about it as you can see in this video:

His first taste of outside was when Jeremy and I were in Edmonton visiting his Dad my mom called us and told us that Rider had escaped the apartment. He pushed out the window somehow and went and sat in the parking lot. When my mom came around the corner she saw black blur rush back into our aparment.

He is banned from my parent's house because he beat up thier cat who is 3 times his size... Buddy. I have proof of this and as soon as I can find the picture I will post it.

Overall though Rider is an awesome cat even though you can't take your eyes off him, you will usually see him somewhere in the background of every project picture I take. One thing's for sure, you can tell he loves his family and I always wake up with him snuggled up againt me purring.

1 comment:

  1. That video cracked me up! I love the look on his face when he finally stops and looks over his shoulder at youl

    ReplyDelete