Thursday, September 23, 2010

Johnson Canyon

Yesterday Jeremy and I went on a hike through Johnson Canyon. The day started out chilly but warmed up fast as the sun finally came out. Johnson Canyon is a relatively easy hike along a deep canyon with 7 waterfalls. All the falls are quite spectacular and very powerful. I sported my handspun Azzu Shawl for the hike




Here are a couple pictures from the day:








After the hike we went to my fav yarn store in Banff; Jen by the Fjord. We went at 2:00 and left at 5:18! She is a very nice lady and she talked to Jeremy and I for 3 and a half hours. I did buy some sock yarn and a skein hand dyed by a local. She is between moving stores and her little shop is only about 8' X 5' so it was kinda a shame because it was the nicest day we have had so far and we spent most of it in a tiny storage closet.. but she is a very nice lady and didn't realize the time. The only other yarn store is in Canmore and I went to it on Monday and won a $20 gift certificate so Jeremy and I are going to go back in a couple days.


Our supper in the german restruant was really good, and for dessert we had our toblerone chocolate fondue which we have been looking forward to for some time. Tonight we are going to the old spaghetti factory :P

Our hike today will be starting in an old abandoned mining town called Bankhead which has a very interesting story. I will discuss it more in my next post with pictures from today.

3 comments:

  1. awesome photos Susie! and wow 3 hours in small shop, its nice though that she was so hospitable! Congrats on winning the GC, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you guys are having a really good trip so far! Your pictures of the scenery and hotel are just gorgeous. The snowfall looks beautiful, but good thing it melted quickly. Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Johnson Canyon. It's such a lovely little hike. I'm enjoying sharing your vacation vicariously.

    ReplyDelete