Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Jeremy and I just bought our first house recently and we move into it on Dec 4th. I'm VERY excited to move into our own place. A place we can make our own, a yard we can work in, a house we can relax in... peace and quiet. I can't wait to leave our apartment which has been our home for 2 years although it has been a good home. Now that I know we are surely leaving here everything about it has been annoying me; the lack of parking, the noisy people, the lack of natural light, and mostly that amount of money we have put into this place on rent alone and have nothing to show for it. It will be nice to start paying into a home where we will see a return. We wouldn't have been able to do it without help from my parents. I also love that our cats will love the house too. We have 5 bay windows where they will find a perfect perch to watch the neighbourhood. At the rate the houses had been going up we were afraid we would never own our own house. And it's frustrating that every one we know pays less for thier mortage than we pay for our rent. At least we will have our own house and our own space. I am also looking forward to decorating for Christmas and we can finally put up a Christmas tree.

Jeremy and I have agreed that if I can have a designated knitting area upstairs he can 'rider-up' the basement. I am trying to think of how best to organize my knitting room, and the more I pack up the more I worry I don't have much room for all my yarn and tools (and the collection grows). Do any of you have knitting rooms and how do you organize them? Here are pictures of my knitting room from the realtors webpage, but it gives you an idea:





I am also rushing to make Christmas presents in time. My dad is getting wool socks, they are my first socks and I am proud of the one I have made so far. I am using Briggs & Little Tuffy and they will be very warm! The yarn has been tough on my hands though, I have what looks like rug burn on my finger the yarn is wrapped around and my callous has cracked open, it also doesn't help that my nails are too short and my hands are cracked and dry, it has been painful to knit lately because of it.

Well I better get back to packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment