Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spindles!

Today I finally found a nice container at Winners to store my spindles.



I bought a couple of new spindles in the past few weeks and I have been trying to make time to use them all.




I spun this skein last night on my 3G Woodworks Amboyna Burl spindle
It's called "Pink Sky In The Morning" I used the leftovers from my "Pink Sky At Night" skein



4 comments:

  1. Such pretty spindles and such gorgeous yarn! Where did you get the fiber?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, I'm not all that pleased with the yarn as it is only romney :/ (I told Jeremy not to let me buy romney again) I was trying to spin the yarn quickly so I could try plying it on itself... it was more of an experiment. But I love the colour, I bought it at Golden Willow a couple of years ago (when I bought most of my romney) I think I might make a small cowl or something out of it, I haven't decided yet, there isn't much yardage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spindle jar and all the spindles in it :) That amboyna burl spindle looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sara, I have been looking for a nice spindle jar for a month or so now and I saw this one at Winners and it was only $11. There are more :) I had to buy that burl spindle when I saw it on etsy and its a bonus that it spins really well too.

    ReplyDelete