Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crochet

I have been learning how to crochet from the Craftyminx's crochet school and wow, I had no idea I would love it as much as I do. To prove it, here is my swatch with all the stitches I've learned from single crochet through double treble crochet.




I have been pouring through people's projects, colour schemes, opinions on hook etc. I have queued so many patterns and I have no idea how difficult they are or what even makes a pattern more or less difficult. I have conquered the granny square and I find them both addictive and relaxing. I am making a cowl for myself using Bernat mosaic and granny squares and this is what I have so far:




I am also making a cute little (or I thought it was little) bag for my neice for valentines day I was using some handspun merino/tencel until I ran out and I have added rows of black yarn to make use.... its ok, but I liked it better with the colours in the handspun working alone. This picture was taken before ripping back and redoing the circle granny and the regular granny with black. Luckily I learned all the stitches in my swatch above because I used them all in this bag.



I just have to strap to do now and then put it all together.

I have also been doing some spinning. Here is some polworth I spun this weekend. N plyed. 3.8 oz and about 192 yards :)




I also joined another fibre club but this time it is for alpaca yarn! Natural colours and a variety of weights. For my first month I received gray worsted weight which is incredibly soft! I am going to make a shawl with it. I can't wait for next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment