My second skein continues the New Brunswick theme and I called it Atlantic Salmon. I'm not a huge fan of orange so I went out of my comfort zone buying it but thats also the reason why I did it. I noticed a lot of my fibre is purpley/pink so I needed something different. Of course I still plyed it with some pink :) I got 190 yards and I am pretty happy with this skein even though romney isn't one of my favourite fibres (because it isn't very soft compared to other wools) but I picked it based on colour. BFL is my favourite to spin with so far.
One of my previous skeins (Fluorite) the bluey-purpley one, I think I am going to make the Little Arrowhead Shawl.
I have borrowed a friends wheel and I have loved it so far. Obviously so since I have spun 5 skeins on it since I got it. My ashford wheel I spun 1 skein, it wasn't very good because it was my first skein and I had to re-ply it on my Tabachek plying spindle. I prefered spindles for control and consistency but since trying this wheel, which is a Lendrum ST, I am feeling the same control I had with my spindles. It's a wonderful wheel, very comfortable and there are a number of flyers with different ratios that go with it. I haven't tried a lot of them out yet. It also can be used with a quill head which looks much like a spindle and I read it is vry useful. This wheel also came with a jumbo flyer and bobbin...it's huge. I have been using it for plying. One of the best things about this wheel is it folds in half so it's easy to tote around. The Lendrum ST is an awesome wheel, I love it!
I also bought some new fibre from Golden Willow. Sharon had dyed the bluey colourway for someone else and I mentioned how much I loved it, so she dyed some for me too. And the pink/brown was too nice to pass up.
I also ordered some Edward Tabachek spindles from her as well. I asked for a Zebra wood plying spindle and after seeing her purple heart tibetan spindle I had to get one of those too. I can`t wait to try them out!
No comments:
Post a Comment