Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sonata


I got a new wheel recently. I bought a Kromski Sonata travelling wheel from a fellow raveller. I can't say enough good things about it. It runs smoothly and comfortably and I haven't been able to stop spinning since I got it. I had borrowed a friends Lendrum for the past few months and fell in love with it, so I wanted to find something similar. The Sonata was the answer. It folds down nice and small and is easy to carry. The bobbin capacity is more than the Lendrum and it is very versatile. I also have the fast flyer and the jumbo flyer to go with it. I really appreciate the jumbo flyer for plying, what used to take me several hours to ply on my Ashford Elizabeth now takes me considerably less time on my Sonata. I love it, lots of ratios to try and the built in Lazy Kate is a huge bonus. I have spun 6 skeins on it since I got it earlier this month. If I didn't have to work I would have spun a lot more :P The double treadle makes the work nice and easy and the wheel looks good as well. I highly recommend the Sonata it has made me very happy.

2 comments:

  1. (fingers in ears): lalalalalaIdon'tneedanotherwheelalalalala

    Seriously, congrats on the new Sonata. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so pretty!! your new wheel and all of your spinning!!

    ReplyDelete