Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spinning progress

I have been doing more spinning than knitting lately and I am getting very far behind on my million and one projects. I have a couple shawls started and a hat, and socks for Jeremy and I still have a baby blanket to make. I have just been busy non stop spinning. I have spun a few more skeins (mostly merino) and I am very proud of them, despite spending hours and hours on plying (ugh!). My spinning has come a long way since last year and I think the practice is really helping. Here are some skeins I have made so lately.

Choco Cherry Love - 314 yards 2 ply Merino.




Enchanted - 563 yard 2 ply Merino (although I think the yardage is way more than I measured)
With this yarn I am making the Herbivore shawl and I am LOVING the way it is turning out. My yarn is soft (which is more than I can say about my first wheel spun yarn last year and it is staying nice and tightly plyed because I Z plyed it)






This is my first fibre shipment form the Spunky Eclectic club I joined and I decided to give 3 ply a try. I was a little disappointed in the colorway but it turned out ok I suppose. It is called Storms of Jupiter.





Other than that I also bought a couple knitting bags online that I love....

Jordana Paige Rio (probably my fav knitting bag ever, it has so many pockets and places to organize:





and a Persnickity Knits Lulu clutch bought from a fellow raveler. I am using it as a project bag for Jeremy's socks so far.




I also got a Namaste clutch in olive, and a couple more buddy cases (olive and eggplant) because they are so handy. Can you tell I love the colour olive?

Jenny has been getting better lately, she doesn't bark when we leave for work anymore but she still has the odd accident on the floor. She also need to learn what "sleeping in" means. The cats don't seem to mind her anymore and she travels really well in the car.

3 comments:

  1. busy busy! I cant wait till my craft room is clean so that i can spin more!! Great Picture of Jenny, glad to hear she settling in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, she is very photogenic when shes not moving around so much :P Hows your move going? Have everything unpacked yet? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The enchanted skein is just a beauty <3 Your herbivore shawl is going to be so nice.

    ReplyDelete